Starting a Live Yes! Connect group begins with a genuine desire to make a difference for people in your community. Our peer-led, volunteer-run groups bring people together for fun and informative events and activities. A Live Yes! Connect group offers a place of understanding and encouragement for:
Adults living with arthritis and are inclusive to adults with any type of arthritis or rheumatic condition of all ages and stages or
Parents/Guardians of a child living with rheumatic disease.
Adult friends, family and, caregivers are welcome at all events.
Live Yes! Connect Facilitators
A Facilitator is a volunteer representative of the Arthritis Foundation in their respective communities serving either adults living with arthritis or JA Parent/Guardians. The main function of the Facilitator is to plan and coordinate group meetings for participants. They support and guide others in their journey with arthritis - directing them to resources, sharing their own experiences, and fostering connection points with subject matter experts and the Arthritis Foundation. The Facilitators hosts at least 4 meetings or events in a 12 month period. Meetings or events are educational and/or social in nature. Coordinating a minimum of at least 2 wellness education focused meetings per year are required and many groups have wellness topics at almost all meetings.
- Facilitators are people living with arthritis, caregiver/loved-one of a person with arthritis, or a parent/guardian of a child with any form of rheumatic disease.
- We recommend having 2 facilitators per Live Yes! Connect group because our facilitators are individuals living with arthritis or have children living with JA.
- Facilitators complete a self-paced training program to provide new volunteers with the skills to start and grow a support group in their community.
- Each Facilitator is provided a toolkit to set them up for success.
Commitment: 1-year renewable term
Time Commitment: 5 - 10 hours per month
- Plan, coordinate and facilitate engaging and fun group meetings and social activities and events
- Promote, market and maintain a group that is supportive and a safe place to share thoughts, feelings, and experiences
- Add events to the online event management software (we will train you) and report attendance
- Maintain a group email list and communicate through our web-based Constituent Relationship Management software
- Report on support group activities
- Communicate with the Arthritis Foundation staff, local leadership board members - Live Yes! Network Leader, group participants, and prospective group participants
If you are interested in starting a Live Yes! Connect group in your community please complete the Live Yes! Connect Facilitator Application. It is helpful to review the list of Live Yes! Connect groups for adults locations or Live Yes! Connect groups for JA Parent locations to see if there is a group in your community already.
Our staff will follow up with you to discuss this volunteer opportunity and requirements in greater detail.